This post is part of my project to get rid of old (but useful) papers that have been sitting on my bookshelf.
This is another literacy idea I got from a grad school class on teaching literacy to ELLs.
- 3 sheets of 8 1/2 by 11 blank paper
- drawing tools
- Place the three sheets of paper on top ofeachother, and overlap leaving a small margin at the bottom of the paper.
- Hold the pages securely so that they remain overlapped, and fold the top sheet so that its top edge folds to a small margin above its bottom. There should now be six "pages" now in the flipbook.
- Staple through all layers at the fold. On the top page, write the title of the book, the author, and your name.
- Illustrate and write about an important event (ones you find significant) on each of the following five pages.